Thursday 16 November 2017

Publication Day Review: One Christmas Kiss in Notting Hill by Mandy Baggot


One Christmas Kiss in Notting Hill
Mandy Baggot
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK (K £1.99 / P £6.99

Synopsis:

Curl up by the fire with the ultimate seasonal romance.

Imagine the perfect Christmas Kiss...

His strong arms around her waist, her hands on his face, the snow slowly starts to fall...

It's enough to make Isla Winters cringe! While her sister can't get enough of this - increasingly common - sight on the streets of London, Isla's too busy trying to stop Hannah's wheelchair from slipping on the ice, and making sure she's not too late to her dream job at Breekers International.

But everything changes with the arrival of Chase Bryan, fresh from the New York office. He's eager to learn everything about Isla's beloved Notting Hill, but as the nights get colder, will cosying up to him come at a price?

-------------------------------------------

Oh how I love Mandy Baggot's books! Mandy has a unique talent of transporting the reader to where the book is based and making you feel as though you are part of the story. Whenever I read her books set in Greece, I was instantly transported there and I could almost taste the ouzo! I love the way Mandy describes things such as food and location, it really draws you in and I find that great descriptions make for a great read.

I also love every single one of Mandy's covers for her books. They're always so beautiful! Another thing which automatically draws me in is the cover. If the cover is pretty then there's a more chance I'll read it (I know that sounds bad and I know you should never judge a book by it's cover! Or so I've come to learn...) but I can never turn down a book with a pretty cover - it's just impossible! I love the colours used, the white font in front of the deep purple background just looks stunning and with the snow falling and the couple embracing in the foreground I just think it looks so Christmassy and romantic!

Now the story follows two sisters (more on Isla but Hannah plays a big part), Isla who is a workaholic and enjoys her job and hates all things romantic and Hannah who wants nothing but romance in her life! The tale couldn't be about more two different types of people but there are also some parts of them that show they're sisters and you can just tell that they are really close. Throw in a good looking American and the sisters both find themselves attracted to him. However, Hannah has someone else on her mind...

I absolutely loved Hannah and Raj's friendship - they were hilarious together and I thought they made the perfect pair. The same could be said for Isla and Chase, they were so similar that they were almost the same person! One thing I loved about this novel was that it was so nice to read about a Christmas story set in London. Don't get me wrong, I love reading them where they're set in Devon or the Cotswolds of course, because they're so cosy and Christmassy. But it was so lovely reading about places that I could easily visualise. Like the i-Circle and Notting Hill. It was lovely to read about them in a festive season!

Overall, a really really enjoyable Christmassy tale with lots of festive cheer. I've loved Mandy Baggot's other books and this one is no different! Would definitely recommend giving this a read this Christmas. Thank you to Ebury Digital for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment