Tuesday 20 February 2018

Ottercombe Bay, Part Two: Gin and Trouble by Bella Osbourne



Ottercombe Bay, Part Two: Gin and Trouble
Bella Osbourne
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK £0.75

Escape to the Devon coast, with Part Two of a brand-new four-part serial from the author of Willow Cottage.

Daisy Wickens has returned to Ottercombe Bay, the picturesque Devon town where her mother died when she was a girl. She plans to leave as soon as her great uncle's funeral is over, but Great Uncle Reg had other ideas. He's left Daisy a significant inheritance - an old building in a state of disrepair, which could offer exciting possibilities, but to get to it she must stay in Ottercombe Bay for twelve whole months.

With the help of a cast of quirky locals, a few gin cocktails and a black pug with plenty of attitude, Daisy might just turn this into something special. But can she ever hope to be happy among the ghosts of her past?

------------------------------

Oh, if possible I enjoyed this one even more than the first! I feel like in this second instalment we got to know the characters so much better and I loved reading more about them and their pasts in the cute little village. The story follows on from the first cliff hanger and I was racking my brains to try and come up with a solution with who could do such a thing to Daisy!

I really enjoyed reading more about the railway station and what Daisy's plans were for it. I also enjoyed reading about her and Max's days working together - it was nice to see them finally getting on better after coming to loggerheads more than once in the first novella. Daisy's idea for the station is brilliant and I love the idea of being something during the day and then changing of a night! It sounds exciting and I can't wait to read about further developments.

As with the first one, the second one was also left on a huge cliffhanger (perhaps an even bigger one than the first!) where we actually end up fearing for Daisy's life and wondering what was going to happen next. I don't want to give too much away but lets just say that I can't wait to read the first instalment!! If you haven't yet picked up the first in the Ottercombe series then I urge you to. You won't be able to put it down!

Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment