Wednesday 7 February 2018

Publication Day Review: The Wedding that Changed Everything by Jennifer Joyce


The Wedding that Changed Everything
Jennifer Joyce
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK £2.99

Love happens when you least expect it...

Emily Atkinson stopped believing in fairy tales a long time ago! She's fed up of dating frogs in order to track down her very own Prince Charming, despite the best efforts of her matchmaking best friend...

But now she's been invited to the wedding of the year at the enchanting Durban Castle, and perhaps bumping into a knight in shining armour isn't as far away as she thought!

Will Emily survive the wedding and walk away an unscathed singleton - or finally find her own happily-ever-after?

A cosy and charming romance.

-----------------------------------

I really, really enjoyed this book. Much like Jennifer's first novel I've ever read (you can read my review here), the story drags you in and I loved every second. It was interesting and eventful from start to finish. I was hooked from the first page!

The story follows main character Emily, on her journey to keep as far away from love as possible! Even though she tries her best to stay single, her best friend Alice has other ideas. When Emily is invited to Alice's sisters wedding, Alice is over the moon and Emily is not. This means that Emily now has to put up with Alice's matchmaking efforts - and being hit on by a man with a pregnant wife was not what Emily was expecting! However, as the journey goes on. Emily soon opens her heart to someone she least expected and in my opinion, she chose the right guy!

I adored the location the story was set in, Durban Castle sounded magical and I felt like I was there next to Emily, a proper part of the story. The week before Carolyn's wedding was certainly eventful but I really enjoyed reading about said events and all the hilarious aftermaths that took place! My favourite night being karaoke night! I found myself really warming to all the characters in the book, especially Emily and Tom and was so, so pleased with the ending. I was sad when this book was over!

If you didn't believe in love before this book, then you will now. It's a lovely romance story with some serious laugh-out-loud moments. Overall, another amazing story written by the very talented Jennifer Joyce. If I could give this story more than 5 stars then I would! Thank you to Netgalley and to the Publishers for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment