Tuesday 6 March 2018

The Cafe at Seashell Cove by Karen Clarke


The Cafe at Seashell Cove
Karen Clarke
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK £0.99

Welcome to the Cafe at Seashell Cove, where you'll find irresistible home-baked cakes, smiling friendly faces - and maybe even a second chance at love...

When Cassie Maitland needs a holiday from her glamorous but stressful job in event management, she escapes home to gorgeous Seashell Cove, where her family's cosy cafe sits perched on the cliffs above sparkling waves and golden sand.

But a lot has changed while Cassie's been away: her parents have transformed their tired cafe into a welcoming haven, her friends Meg and Tilly have whole new lives, and old flame Danny's twinkling eyes and winning smile make Cassie feel even more flustered than they used to.

Keen to throw herself back into local life, Cassie starts to run themed events - including a not entirely successful cat-cafe day, complete with dozens of felines. Luckily Danny is always around to lend a helping hand, and Cassie soon begins to wonder if her life in London was really all she made it out to be...

Could a new start in Seashell Cove be exactly what Cassie needs?

A heart-warming and hilarious read about friendship, belonging and seaside living. Perfect for fans of Debbie Johnson, Holly Martin and Jenny Oliver.

-----------------------------------

Words cannot express how much I enjoyed this novel, it was so easy to read, light-hearted and hilarious that I couldn't put it down.

The story follows main character Cassie, on her return home to Seashell Cove (which just sounds like the most delightful place ever - I now want to live there!) after being fired from her job as an events manager. Cassie is upset that she's lost her job and is too frightened and ashamed to tell her parents the truth as all she hears from her parents are how proud they are of her and her high-flying career.

However, as the story goes on Cassie learns some new things about herself and about her loved ones around her and it really is just a lovely novel with a light-hearted feel. I would 110% recommend this book. It's the perfect story to get you excited for summer and after I'd finished it, it left me feeling all warm inside. I liked the character of Cassie, I felt like she was easy to relate to - I mean who doesn't want to make their parents proud? And I really felt for her with what she was going through - although sometimes I don't think she helped herself!

Another character I loved was Cassie's nan, I found her hilarious! Her and Cassie's conversations had me laughing out loud and that's just what I want from a book, I want to enjoy it and this is just what this book did. Danny was another lovely character and I was totally hoping that him and Cassie were going to end up together. Danny just seemed like the most perfect man ever! Surely I'm not alone in thinking this?

Overall, I really really enjoyed this book. I've liked every single one of Karen's novels that she's released recently and I can't wait to read more from this brilliant author. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment