Thursday 10 August 2017

Publication Day Review: Escape to Willow Cottage by Bella Osbourne


Escape to Willow Cottage
Bella Osbourne
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK (K £2.99 / P £7.99)

Synopsis:

The Escape to Willow Cottage was originally published as a four-part serial. This is the complete story in one package.

A cosy and heartwarming seasonal romance.

Beth is running away. With her young son Leo to protect, Willow Cottage is the lifeline she so desperately needs. Overlooking the village green in a beautiful Cotswolds idyll, Beth sees a warm, caring and safe place for little Leo.

When she finally uncovers the cottage from underneath the boughs of a weeping willow tree, Beth realises this is far more of a project than she bargained for and the locals are more than a little eccentric! A chance encounter with gruff Jack, who appears to be the only male in the village under thirty, leaves the two of them at odds but it's not long before Beth realises that Jack has hidden talents that could help her repair more than just Willow Cottage.

Over the course of four seasons, Beth realises that broken hearts can be mended, and sometimes love can be right under your nose...

-----------------------------------

Looking for a place to escape for your summer holiday? Then look no further, Escape to Willow Cottage is the perfect book just for that! As stated above, this book was originally a four part serial but has now come together as one book. I've never really liked that books can come in four parts, I find waiting for the next one in the series absolute torture as I never like to wait! Very impatient.

So, as you can imagine, I was very pleased when I saw this up on Netgalley and a chance to read the story as a whole. This series was on my TBR pile before I even knew it was coming out as one (I always like to wish that they do), but let me tell you - I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did.

Now normally, I'm quite a slow reader - I like to read with my breakfast in the mornings and then of an evening (working everyday makes reading during the day near impossible), so I make up for lost time in the evenings. So normally I read one to two books a week (depending on how long they are). This book by Bella Osbourne adds up to over 400 pages and it seems so long but let me tell you - you will be flying through it!

This book was so enjoyable I can't even put it into words. I absolutely loved it! I loved all the characters and I found myself relating to every one of them. I also loved how Carly had her own kind of focus on her and Fergus (even though it doesn't mention them in the blurb) and they all blended so well into the story together. This book is so well written and I was totally hooked. There's a bit of a twist in there as well that I definitely wasn't expecting!

The story itself is so, so interesting. There's drama left, right and centre and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nearer the end of the story I couldn't put the book down because so much was happening! Another thing I loved about this book is that it takes you through the seasons - I love reading about summer time but I also love reading about firework night, Christmas etc. And this book mentioned all the holidays.

Overall, I couldn't recommend this book enough. You'll find yourself longing to visit the Cotswolds and be dreaming of living in a house just like Willow Cottage (once Beth has decorated it of course!).

Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this book. Which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment