Friday 1 September 2017

The Cotswolds Cookery Club: A Taste of Spain by Alice Ross


The Cotswolds Cookery Club: A Taste of Spain
Alice Ross
My Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (£0.99)

Synopsis:

Life begins at forty...

Trish Ford has always dreamed of living in a little chocolate box village like Cornfield - but she never expected to be starting over at forty! Joining the Cotswolds Cookery Club seems like the perfect recipe for finding happiness again, along with her new friends Connie, Melody and Kate.

From mouth-watering paella to sweet, honey-drenched pestinos, Trish finds a delicious distraction in the Spanish cuisine whilst doing her best to deal with her stroppy teenage daughter and her cheating ex-husband and his pregnant girlfriend.

But it will take all of Trish's new-found confidence - and maybe a helping of her irresistible leche frita - to risk her heart on hunk single dad Steve...

----------------------------------

This is the second book of the Cotswolds Cookery Club series and is set around new character Trish and her struggles at brining up teenager Amber whilst dealing with a breakup from ex-husband Ian. To be honest, this isn't something I was expecting - a completely new character. I know it sounds silly because it's in the synopsis (but it's not on Goodreads which is where I look up most of my books) and before I read the synopsis I just imagined it would be based around last ones characters.

Not complaining though, as Trish's story is very interesting. Trish is struggling with teenage daughter Amber (and I really hope that when I have kids and they reach their teenage years that they're not like that!) and the news that ex-husband just broke to her. Trish's story was one that I wanted to find out more on, and I couldn't put my Kindle down!

After reading the first one in the series, I simply couldn't wait for this one. My mouth was watering throughout the book, the meals that they create sounds simply delightful and not for the first time I wanted to be part of the Cookery Club! I found that the characters of the Cookery Club all gelled together really well and it made me feel as though I was there and a part of that club.

I found that nearer the end of the book, things really got heated and there was a lot of drama to take on board! This made me glue myself to my Kindle until I finished it because I was so eager to find out how it ended! One thing I will say, is that I found the book over so quickly. I was enjoying it so much that it was a rather abrupt ending and I was disappointed it was over! I feel like there could have been so much more of a storyline with Trish and Steve - but having said that, I'm sure we'll learn a little more about their relationship in number 3! One I simply cannot wait for!

Overall, an enjoyable read that I didn't want to end. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this book, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment