Sunday 10 September 2017

The Holiday Cruise by Victoria Cooke


The Holiday Cruise
Victoria Cooke
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK (£1.99)

Synopsis:

The high seas are calling!

As if it weren't enough to be cheated on by her husband of ten years, Yorkshire lass Hannah Davis is losing her beauty salon business too. Luckily, her big sister is there to pick up the pieces, but Hannah is desperate to find some independence.

Impulsively, Hannah applies for a spa job...on a cruise ship! Christmas in the Caribbean, springtime in the Mediterranean, what's not to like? But, despite being in her thirties, Hannah has never done anything on her own before, and she's terrified.

As the ship sets sail, Hannah has never been further from home...or closer to discovering who she is and who she wants to be.

--------------------------------------

What a brilliant and entertaining story by Victoria Cooke. I'll be honest and admit that I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started reading it. I'd read plenty of positive reviews on it but wasn't sure what I'd think of it myself - but I throughly enjoyed it! I've never read any kind of story about a cruise or a book by Victoria Cooke before so I was really interested as to what it would be like.

First of all, I loved the character of Hannah and really enjoyed reading all about her life and her story. I really empathised with Hannah in the beginning, the whole story felt so real and I really felt like I was there with Hannah and going through what she was going through. I loved when she first started on the cruise and even though the story was over 380 pages long, it flew by and I found myself wanting the story to carry on!

I loved that the story revolved around visiting all different cities and beaches and to be honest it really made me wish I worked on a cruise! That seems like the perfect life to me! I just really enjoyed going on Hannah's journey with her, and I was absolutely praying that Hannah found her perfect man! I could go on and on, saying what I loved about this book - but I don't want to give too much away! The story is brilliant and written really well and I loved (there's that word again!) every minute of it.

Overall, a really lovely and heartwarming story that I didn't want to end. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

1 comment:

  1. this looks like such an ideal holiday read! would be lush to get lost in beaches and different cities...especially as the weather in the UK is crap as tits right now!

    katie. xx lacoconoire.com


    ReplyDelete