Tuesday 7 November 2017

A Cosy Candlelit Christmas by Tilly Tennant


A Cosy Candlelit Christmas
Tilly Tennant
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK (K £1.99 / P £7.99)

Synopsis:

All singleton Isla wants for Christmas is to be left in peace, but a surprise trip to the Alps means there's a chance for romance in every snowflake that falls...

It's the week before Christmas and Isla McCoy has just received an unexpected gift: a letter announcing she is due a life-changing inheritance, but only if she's willing to make amends with the father who abandoned her.

She has absolutely no intention of forgiving him, but who could resist an all-expenses-paid trip to the French resort of St Martin-de-Belleville?

There she meets smooth-talking Justin and nerdy glaciologist Sebastian; two very different men, with two very different agendas. Torn between her head and her heart, Isla finds herself utterly lost in a winter wonderland of her own feelings.

Surrounded by twinkling candles and roaring log-fires, Isla's resolve finally begins to melt. But will she learn how to reconnect, not only with a whole new family, but with herself and her heart?

---------------------------------------------

What a beautiful and absolutely stunning cover this book has. This straight away made me want to read it - before I'd even read the blurb! I LOVE the background of snowy mountains, the candles, the fairy lights, snow, Christmas pudding and the beautiful wreath in the centre. All together it makes for probably the most stunning Christmas cover I've ever seen. Everything looks so cosy I wish I was there.

Now onto the story itself, I really enjoyed the first one in the series and wasn't sure how the second was going to top it - but let me tell you - it certainly did! I loved this one even more than the second - if that's possible! The whole story had such a feel-good vibe to it that it was hard to put down. Every spare moment I had I spent reading this book and as a result I was so sad when it ended.

The story follows Isla, who after hearing from a solicitor, has flown all the way to France to meet her father for the first time in over 20 years. At first, Isla thinks that her dad has an ulterior motive for her going over there - but as the story progresses you realise that it isn't her dad who's up to something after all...

The story is so intriguing and I simply fell in love with the setting. It's described beautifully and I could easily imagine the chocolate box perfect village with the snow falling and Christmas lights twinkling. It all made for an absolute perfect Christmassy read. I also fell in love with certain characters - Sebastian was one that I adored and I found him to be so timid and sweet towards Isla. Another character I loved was hotel owner Dahlia - she was also someone who didn't have a bad bone in her body and I felt like I was being made welcome as a guest in her hotel too!

This is 100% my favourite of Tilly Tennant's novels so far. You instantly get drawn into the story and you don't want to let it go. Isla was easy to relate to and I found her really brave - going all that way on her own. The story was easy to follow, the characters were all lovely and I couldn't put it down. It's heart-warming and will leave you with that warm fuzzy feeling. A beautiful novel! If I could give this more than 5 stars then I would.

Overall, a brilliant story that is a perfect way to spend a rainy Sunday. And perfect to read in the buildup to Christmas. Thank you so much to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment