Tuesday 21 November 2017

Christmas on Lovelace Lane by Alice Ross


Christmas on Lovelace Lane
Alice Ross
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK £0.99

Synopsis:

With a beautiful house on Lovelace Lane, brilliant jobs and a great marriage, Carl and Sally Turnbull have the perfect life. Or they had. Until fate threw a rather large stumbling block in their way. With their relationship tested to the limit, Sally decides they need a break - from one another - for three whole months, which includes the festive period.

But with a new man suddenly appearing in Sally's life, Carl finding himself increasingly attracted to another woman, plus all the stress of Christmas, will the break prove temporary? Or will they both be kissing someone else under the mistletoe?

This is the fourth short story in the Lovelace Lane series:

1 The Little Cottage on Lovelace Lane
2 The Big House on Lovelace Lane
3 The Wedding on Lovelace Lane

---------------------------------------------------

The question I wanna ask is, why hadn't I ever read a book in this series before this one?! I can't even put into words how much I enjoyed it! Truth be told, I have had the first one in my TBR pile for quite a while but when I got sent this one to read, I was so excited to give it a try. I knew it wouldn't be hard to read or confusing even though I hadn't read the first three and I was looking forward to be reading the Christmas one in the series.

It started off with Carl returning home alone and very depressed. He keeps seeing things of Sally's around the house that makes him think about their past relationship together and he can't get her off his mind. He's upset isn't helped when he calls her to tell her he misses her and Sally then says that she's 'meeting someone tonight', throwing Carl even further into his sadness and questioning who this mystery person could be. I started feeling really sorry for Carl and was feeling a bit resentful towards Sally... I wondered how she could do this to him and wished that they could get back together again so that they're in their lovely home together for Christmas.

Although, as the story went on, I really wished for them to get back together and have a lovely Christmas together. It's clear from what the characters say in the book that they are meant to be together and I was so, so happy with the ending.

However, even though the story behind this novel is quite sad (who would ever enjoy breaking up/going on a break with their partner at Christmas?!), it's still extremely Christmassy - with the mention of Christmas tree dressing, eggnog, snowflakes falling outside the window whilst the fire is burning - it all sounds to delightful, festive and romantic (even when romance might not be on the cards).

Overall, I really, really enjoyed it. Now I need to go back and read the others! Look out for more reviews coming soon on them! Thank you to Alice Ross for providing a copy of this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment