Monday 20 November 2017

The Vets at Hope Green by Sheila Norton


The Vets at Hope Green
Sheila Norton
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK (K £4.99 / P £6.99)

Synopsis:

Sam has always dreamed of working with animals...

But her receptionist job in a London vets is not hitting the spot. Unsure whether a busy city life is for her, she flees to her Nana Peggy's idyllic country village.

But despite the rolling hills and its charming feel, life in Hope Green is far from peaceful. On first meeting Joe, the abrupt and bad-tempered local vet, Sam knows she must get him on side, but that is easier said than done...

With her dream close enough to touch, will she get there, or will events conspire against her...?

---------------------------------------

This is another book I've been wanting to read for absolutely ages. This has probably been on my TBR pile for a good few months. Waiting for the full story to be released, instead of reading the four parts separately. My mum is very kind and knew that I wanted it, so when I arrived home one day it was there waiting for me! However, my Netgalley (if you haven't already signed up to Netgalley - it's a must!) pile was so high that I couldn't get round to reading it until very recently when I very nicely had a gap in my reviews.

Straight from the start, I loved it. I loved Sam and her kind personality, the story felt fast paced and there was no waiting around, getting a bit bored with the storyline. Sam goes to visit her Nana fairly soon into the book and I was pleased. Because I've fallen in love with Hope Green! I adored the descriptions of the village throughout the seasons, with daffodils in spring, and the ducks splashing about in the pond in summer, it sounded like a complete dream. And I found myself wishing, just like Sam, that I could move to somewhere like Hope Green and have the roses around the cottage dream with children running around the meadows enjoying themselves.

I absolutely loved the character of Nana as well, she was so caring and some of her actions were so heart-warming and kind - it was clear to see where Sam had got some of her traits from! One character I was unsure of at the start was new vet Joe, I mean I knew he would probably turn out to be the nice guy anyway but I did like that he was so kind to animals, and of course I disliked Adam - how could you not?!

A book revolving around a little village and animals is my ideal Chick Lit. I just love reading about them! So I found myself really enjoying this novel, it was fast paced, easy to read and I loved the whole storyline. I enjoyed reading about Sam's journey throughout the story and loved Izzie's involvement too - she was really encouraging of Sam's situation and I really found myself warming to Izzie's character because of this. There's a brilliant vibe of girl power throughout.

Overall, a really lovely and easy read. All about families, friendships and of course love. It's a story about being able to be a strong woman independently and I loved every minute. Cannot wait for more  of Sheila Norton's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment