Tuesday 5 December 2017

A Winter Flame by Milly Johnson


A Winter Flame
Milly Johnson
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK (K £4.99 / H £9.19 / P £6.35)

Synopsis:

Tis the season to be jolly...But can Eve find happiness through the frost?

Eve has never liked Christmas. So when her adored elderly aunt dies, the last thing she is expecting is to be left a theme park in her will. A theme park with a Christmas theme ...

And that's not the only catch. Her aunt's will stipulates that Eve must run the park with a mysterious partner, the exotically named Jacques Glace. Who is this Jacques, and why did Aunt Evelyn name him in her will?

But Eve isn't going to back down from a challenge. She's determined to make a success of Winterworld, no matter what. Can she overcome her dislike of Christmas, and can Jacques melt her frozen heart at last?

---------------------------------------

Another glorious novel by Milly Johnson. The more I read her books, the more I love them. This particular one I loved because it had a Christmas theme (who wouldn't?) and the descriptions of some of the ice-cream Eve's cousin Violet was making made my mouth water.

I really, really loved this book and had heard nothing but good things about it, so I literally couldn;t wait to give it a read. From the start I really felt for Eve, she was holding on to Jonathan so much that she herself was wilting away. The candle burning in her home was her token of love for him and it was so sad to see her depend on it's burning.

When Eve inherited the Christmas theme park, that's where it all got so interesting and I couldn't put it down. I simply loved the descriptions about what was going to be included in the park and all about Violet's new ice-cream flavours. I was a bit dubious of Jacques at first but as the story went on I started loving his bubbly and very kind character.

All of the other characters in the book were all lovely as well, such as Thomas the Tank and Effin. As well as many others such as Aunt Susan, Evelyn and even lovely Holly the reindeer. Every part of this book was simply magical and I loved every minute of it - I was sad when it ended! I loved the Christmas wedding, the Christmas ice-cream flavours and I even loved the slightly dysfunctional train that runs around the park! The descriptions of the Christmas trees wrapped in lights with snowflakes dancing down from the sky just sounded so delightful - it'll definitely leave you feeling festive.

Overall, a lovely magical Christmassy novel. I adored the Christmas theme park and wish there was one that was just like this! 5 stars once again to the lovely Milly Johnson. You need to read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment