Saturday 9 December 2017

The Pets at Primrose Cottage: New Beginnings by Sheila Norton


The Pets at Primrose Cottage: New Beginnings
Sheila Norton
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK £0.99

Synopsis:

Part Two of a serialised novel - a charming and romantic story about living the simple life and the joy of animals.

All Emma wants is a quiet life in sleepy Crickleford, away from the prying eyes of the press who are obsessed with the life she used to lead.

She is enjoying her new vocation: the town's most in-demand pet-sitter. But her journalist friend and fellow animal lover Matt is desperate for a big story to make his career - such as Emma's true identity...

Emma doesn't want the spotlight, but it keeps finding her anyway. Can she keep her past a secret and live the life she's dreamed of?

Note: this is part two of a four-part serialised novel. The full length paperback will be available in April 2018.

-----------------------------------

Sheila Norton is fast becoming my new favourite author. She just had a the style of writing that will keep you hooked on a story. It's not too serious, but not too humorous either. It has just the right amount of laugh out loud moments and the pace is well kept. I love the covers for this series as well, this one is particularly pretty, the flowers adding a bright burst of colour and it just looks so stunning!

I adore the storyline, I love the animals and I love Emma's character - I found her to be really easy to relate to and I love the location where the story is set. It sounds like a wonderful place to live and I wish places and people were really like that in real life! We're introduced a bit more to Matt Sorrentino in this novella, and I found myself really liking his character as well. He seemed funny and kind - he wasn't too pushy when Emma said she wanted to stay out of the newspaper.

I don't want to give too much away in this review as I know there are two more and I'm dying to find out what happens next! However, I will say that the storyline will certainly keep you on the edge of your seat. I find that Sheila's style of writing just keeps you hooked on every page and I love that. You zoom through the story, eager to find out what awaits at the end.

The characters all sound wonderful and I love the setting. It's definitely a 5 stars from me. I simply can't wait for the next novella in this series! If you're looking for a new series to get in to, this is it right here. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment