Saturday 2 December 2017

The Reading Group by Della Parker


The Reading Group
Della Parker
Rating:
Amazon UK (K £1.99 / P £7.99)

Synopsis:

Meet the Reading Group: Women in the seaside village of Little Sanderton come together every month to share their love of reading. No topic is off-limits: books, family, love and loss . . . and don't forget the glass of red!

Grace, Anne-Marie, Kate, Jojo and Serena are as different as can be but each month they meet in Serena's beautiful cliff-top cottage to discuss a good book - and their lives, which are sometimes stranger than fiction! Between new loves and old flames, cheating husbands and wayward children, there's always a surprise around the corner...

--------------------------

I absolutely love these type of books, I love novels that take us through months at a time, so we get different descriptions of the seasons: the festivities and mince pies at Christmas, the fates in Summer and the crisp leaves in Autumn. I love reading all about it, so it's not a surprise that this novel has been on my TBR pile for some time now!

The book itself, is actually very long, it is over 500 pages and I loved that it was so long as I didn't want the story to end. I will admit that I'm glad that I waited until the full book was out, as I've mentioned before with part series is that I'm so impatient I don't want to wait! It didn't feel this long though, it was such an easy and enjoyable read that I found myself flying through it.

I loved that with each month you read about a different friend, and their story and life. It was so interesting to get to know them personally and I loved how the story carried on and went through the months of the year. Each story was so fascinating that I just couldn't wait to read more. There was drama throughout and it was also so lovely to see the kind relationships the girls had with each other.

I've never read a novel by Della Parker before and I definitely wasn't disappointed when I finished this one - I was sad when it was over! I loved Jojo, she was so friendly and kind and Serena always seemed to be so loving and caring. Their friendships were lovely to read about. The descriptions of the location of the Reading Group were also beautiful - I'd love to live somewhere overlooking the sea!

Overall, a really enjoyable novel with lots of drama and a lovely story about friendship. I loved this story and I'm so glad I waited until the full one was out. I would recommend giving it a read if you haven't already.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for your lovely review. You have brightened my day no end :)

    ReplyDelete